Friday, April 16, 2010

A visit to the cemetary...

Sometimes I like to take my children and walk through the cemetary that is near our home. It's a good time of reflection for me and a chance to amswer questions the kids may have.  These crocus were growing just inside the gate...so beautiful! This white one makes me think of Jesus blood washing us white as snow...all sins forgiven.

 A huge, old maple tree...overlooking many places of rest.
The kids were sad to see these two photos on the stones...just little angels whose lives were cut short, probably by sickness.
I don't think either little girl was older than 3.
This large stone belonged to an Irish Reverend who pastored for 26 years.

Another Irish pastor's resting place...1924.
This made me sad...all of these stones were from one family.




As we were leaving, i happened to look up these trees...an interesting shot against the beautiful blue sky!


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely old cemetery. I like them too... it's the genealogist in me! :-)

    ReplyDelete