Friday, May 7, 2010

Foto Friday challenge - "Still Life"

A stuffed whippoorwill at Beaver Lake Nature Center. I am still figuring out all my options and the flash on my new Fujifilm Finepix S1500 camera!

This table was full of cool things from nature for us to touch and see...dry fungus, bones, a turtle shell, etc....

A stuffed Great Blue Heron hanging from the ceiling.

I focused on LIFE that was still for this challenge...or things that were previously alive.
This is the inside of a gorgeous tulip.

A beautiful water plant....

A huge rock in the woods...love the shadows from the trees.

Fallen trees...resting peacefully.

New growth out of a seemingly dead stump.

A lone branch sticking out of the pond.

New ferns opening...

Caitlin took this photo...

This coming week's Foto challenge is SKY/CLOUDS.

5 comments:

  1. So many beautiful pictures!
    I think I like the center of the tulip best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had so many nice pictures. I really liked the close up of the red flower. Very pretty. I also thought the tree trunk picture was unique....good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. STILL LIFE photography is technically, a collection of inanimate objects artfully arranged, and yet I get where you were going with it. Not knowing the technical term, I think your photos interpreted still LIFE very well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shot of the inside of that tulip is truly amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your tulip shot, beautiful and a great beginning to a new camera :)

    ReplyDelete